I grew up canning tomatoes and putting up cream corn, but this is the first time I have actually done it myself. I cheated a bit because these are “fridge pickled” banana peppers, but we eat them so fast there is no point in sealing the jars! I found this recipe and tweaked it a little and they turned out great. I like an easy, few ingredient recipe and that’s exactly what this is. I might get a little more creative next year, but for now I’m going to enjoy these and I hope you try them too.
- 15 oz banana peppers (fill a quart jar)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Slice peppers into discs and fill mason jar.
- In a medium size saucepan, bring water and vinegar to a boil.
- Once it has reached a boil, add minced garlic and sea salt.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Pour over your banana peppers and allow jar to reach room temperature.
- Screw on your lid, refrigerate and enjoy!
It’s just that simple!