I really enjoy baking, but I am in no way a professional – it is pretty much trial and error around here. I tried this pumpkin bar recipe from Simply Happenings, and let me tell you, it was a huge fail. I am completely to blame as I didn’t use a big enough pan, so my bars turned out to be more of a cake. It was still delicious, but my second time around turned out much better. I tweaked the recipe a little to better suit me, but it still makes about 32 bars, so a 12″ x 17″ half sheet baking pan is the way to go for best results.
Pumpkin Bar Ingredients:
- 15 ounce can of Pumpkin Puree
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cups White Sugar
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 12″ x 17″ half sheet baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and white sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Slowly add dry ingredients to bowl and mix.
- Blend pumpkin puree into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the bars bake, make the cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add vanilla then slowly start to add powdered sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Once bars are cooled, spread frosting over evenly.
- Optional: add sprinkles or toppings
- Slice bars and serve.
(Simply Happenings recommends storing in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days or freeze for up to 3 months for best quality.)
Give these a try and let me what you think!