Growing up I was never a huge dessert person, but when I did want something sweet, chocolate chip cookies were it for me. As I’ve gotten older, I have developed more of a sweet tooth and chocolate chip cookies are still my number one. They are so simple to make yet are just so delicious. I believe I have gotten down the best recipe. These are no chill and are hand mixed.
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips (I used 1 cup of mini semi-sweet and 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the melted and cooled butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Whisk vigorously for 1-2 minutes until it turns into a paste-like consistency.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients and use a rubber spatula to fold in. Leaving a few streaks of flour, pour in the chocolate chips. Continue to fold the dough until the chocolate chips are evenly dispersed. Do not over mix.
- Scoop cookies onto baking sheet (using a 2 oz scoop will give you 5-6 cookies, use less for smaller cookies). I am not a super exact person, so I like to eyeball them. 🙂
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges start to brown. They will continue to cook outside the oven and flatten.
- Top with a few extra chocolate chips and let cool.
- Enjoy! I like them still warm with a glass of milk!
Let me know if you try it, or tweak it to better suit you! I guarantee this will be a hit at your next party.